The office of the President of Mongolia, Public Relations & Communications Division
Remarks of Tsakhia Elbegdorj, President of Mongolia at the Reception in Honor of Pratibha Devisingh Patil, President of India
Your Excellency Madame President,
Ladies and gentlemen,
At the outset, I would like to extend our warmest welcome to Your Excellency Madame President, Your Excellency Mr. Devisingh Ramsingh Shekhawat and all members of the government delegation of the Republic of India to Mongolia.
This year marks a series of important anniversaries in the history of Mongolia, namely the 2220th Anniversary of Mongolian Statehood - the Hun Empire (the Hunnic Empire), the first state established in the territory of modern Mongolia, the 805th Anniversary of the Great Mongolian State, the 100th Anniversary of the National Freedom Movement, and the 90th Anniversary of the People’s Revolution. It is highly symbolic that, at this particular time, the President of the Republic of India, a country with which Mongolia has been enjoying close, friendly relations since ancient times, is paying a state visit to our country.
My spouse and I recall with fond memories my visit to India at Your Excellency’s invitation in 2009, and I am delighted to note that the current visit of the President of the Republic of India serves as an indication of the deepening friendship and mutual trust between our two peoples and is becoming an important step towards elevating Mongolia-India traditional relations and cooperation to the level of Comprehensive Partnership.
Our talks were held in the atmosphere of warm friendship and mutual trust. I am deeply satisfied with having been able to review with President Pratibha Devisingh Patil the progress achieved in our bilateral relations since my visit to India in 2009 and exchange views on the ways to further broaden our cooperation as well as on the issues pertaining to our cooperation on the regional and multilateral arena.
Mongolia would like to deepen political trust with India and explore the possibilities to develop mutually beneficial cooperation in the areas of trade, economy and investment. Moreover, we stand for expansion of our traditional relations in cultural, educational and humanitarian fields.
I wish to emphasize that the Mongolian people highly value and appreciate the significant contribution made by India’s prominent leader, Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru to the establishment of the diplomatic relations between our two nations and Mongolia’s admission to the United Nations as its full-fledged member. Prime Minister Nehru had a deep knowledge of Mongolia’s history and Mongols, and his positive views on and good will to Mongolia certainly made an impact on successive Indian leaders and politicians to exert efforts to develop Mongolia-India to the present level.
It is a matter of great pride to see that the relations between the peoples of Mongolia and India, based on solid spiritual and historical ties are being strengthened and broadened today with humane, democratic values for the sake of peace and prosperity of our two countries and the region at large. I would be most privileged to actively and fruitfully work with Your Excellency Madame President for the cause of strengthening democracy in the region in the years ahead.
Now I would like to invite you to join me in a toast:
- to the good health of Your Excellency Madame President and His Excellency Mr. Devisingh Ramsingh Shekhawat,
- to the good health of all Mongolian and Indian friends present here,
- to the further strengthening and development of friendly relations and cooperation between the peoples of Mongolia and India,
- to the progress and prosperity of the people of India.
- 2011-07-30 16:11:24
- State Visit of the President of India to Mongolia Concludes
- 2011-07-28 20:53:17
- Remarks of Tsakhia Elbegdorj, President of Mongolia at the Reception in Honor of Pratibha Devisingh Patil, President of India
- 2011-07-28 17:25:33
- President Elbegdorj and President Patil Make Statements to Press
- 2011-07-28 17:20:06
- President Elbegdorj and President Patil Hold Official Talks
- 2011-07-28 17:17:50
- President Elbegdorj and President Patil Participate in Signing Documents on Bilateral Ties and Cooperation
- 2011-07-28 16:33:36
- Tsakhia Elbegdorj, President of Mongolia Officially Welcomes Pratibha Devisingh Patil, President of India
- 2011-07-27 16:12:41
- State Visit of India’s President to Mongolia Begins